Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Why, Oh Why, Oh Why Do I Worry?


Three years ago today our family was blessed beyond measure with a little girl. 

Lily Anne Hope


Happy, happy birthday precious girl!

Lily Anne’s name comes from Matthew 6, “Consider the lilies of the field, they do not labor or spin, yet not even Solomon in all his splendor is dressed as one of these.  If God cares for them, how much more does he care for you?  When, oh when, will I learn this lesson?

Four weeks before Lily Anne was born my husband suddenly and unexpectedly lost his job.  It was simultaneously the best and worst of times.  Since our health insurance was ending THAT DAY I decided I wanted to eliminate one of the unknowns in our life and find out if our baby was a boy or a girl.  So we all trekked down to the sonographers office, crammed into the tiny room, and watched what I always think looks like creamer being mixed into coffee on the little screen.  After several uh-huhs and oks and hmms the sonographer smiled and called over our youngest child to let her give the announcement.  We were having another GIRL! 

We were all very excited.  My big girls organized a baby shower for me at our friend Fiona’s and we put our faith in action trusting the Lord to provide for our family and this new baby.

At the next midwife appointment we got another opportunity to put our faith in action. The insurance plan we used was to pay fifty percent of the midwife’s fee and we would pay the rest.  We had paid our portion already but since we had lost our insurance the practitioner demanded full payment in the next three weeks, before the birth of our baby.  I broke down in tears. There was no way that was possible.  My dear husband took that bull by the horns, made the necessary calls, and found a gracious, wonderful midwife who would take payments for an agreed upon amount to attend my birth and provide the rest of the prenatal care I needed.  I have never loved that man more than I did that day!

God more than provided during that season through family and friends, His Church with skin on.  Things were tight, but we never went without. 

God called me trust Him again when I went to China leaving my nine children and husband behind for nine days.  Guess what?! Surprise, surprise God took care of them and me.


God is calling us to trust Him again.  I can trust Him. I. WILL. TRUST. HIM!


4 comments:

  1. I love this Stacy , blessings Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We can trust Him! Thank you for sharing this example of God in action.
    And Happy Birthday, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her name even more now. What a sweet reminder of trusting God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Lily Anne... Emmalee misses her friend! So happy for you guys and all you are seeing and experiencing. Happy belated birthday sweet lil Lily Anne!

    ReplyDelete