Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Voicemail From Heaven


So how am I doing?

I'm living in a fog. I just can't think. We are truly living one day at a time in our RV, home, but not home. Waking up and doing life but I am not myself.

The words that come to mind are subdued, brain fogged, reflective, and distracted.

I thought leaving Washington was hard.

I thought having a miscarriage was hard. 

I thought having food poisoning the day we were moving was hard.

I thought the difficulties with selling our house were hard. 

And then my mom died. 

I didn't appreciate her enough when she was here.  I talked to her almost daily but did I really listen? 

God gave me a gift today of two forgotten voicemails. I got to hear my mom sing Happy Birthday and encourage me with scripture again.  

"Hi Stacy, this is Mom. It's your Mother calling. I have a scripture for you to remember 'They that wait upon The Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They will walk and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.' So teach me Lord to wait."

Hear the message from my Mom here

God speaks. Wait, Stacy. Be encouraged. And He used my mom's voice to do it. 






3 comments: