Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Weary much? His Love Endures Forever!

Yesterday in church we sang, "Everlasting God," by Chris Tomlinson.  Part of the lyrics say, "You are the everlasting God, The everlasting God, You do not faint, You won't grow weary..."

As I sang those lyrics I thought about how many times I've whined about how weary I am with correcting certain attitudes in my kids, dealing with ongoing difficult circumstances, and of course my chronic sleeplessness.  I was struck with the line that God will not grow weary.  He won't grow weary in correcting me, in dealing with my weaknesses, or in showing me his everlasting love.

Isaiah 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 

Praise be to our Great God!  I am so thankful for His love and mercy!

I am weak and can get irritable, fussy, just plain weary in all kinds of area of my life, but as I lean hard into The Lord, praying he will mold me to be more like Him I can have understanding, patience, and mercy with those whom God has placed close to me.  

As I read Psalm 136 I'm reminded TWENTY SIX times "His love endures forever!"

If you feel like God is fed up with you, He's not. X26

If you feel weary and heavy laden, He wants to give you His rest. X26

If you feel like you've messed up one too many times for forgiveness, you haven't. X26

He loves you.  He doesn't just tolerate you, He LIKES you!!!  

Believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment