Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

The FIVE Magical Questions

 
At this point in our adoption process our agency informed us that they will request updates from the orphanages in which our children reside and we can ask five specific questions.  No pressure, just pick the right questions.


Five.


Five questions of a million I have.  


Did anyone gaze into their newborn eyes with wonder or delight?


Did their Mama hold them close?  


Did she cry when it was apparent she would not be keeping her child?


Did she make this decision or was it made for her?


How can I step in this gaping hole?  Can I give them what they need?  Am I what they need?


How long was it before they stopped crying for their Mama?  


What is their favorite comfort? Does anyone comfort them?


What makes them happy or sad or afraid?


What makes their eyes light up?  


How big are they?


How much have they grown since our last update?


What do they eat?


What medicines do they take?


Who takes care of them daily?


Do they sleep hot?


Do they play with other children?  


How many words do they have?


Besides words, how do they communicate?

I could write questions all night long....
And then I found out  no one answers the questions you ask anyway.  They just tell you what they’re going to tell you and that’s it.  

So here’s what I know. I know GOD loves these kids. I know we will love these kids. I know He’s been with them all along.  I know He is a Father to the fatherless, I experienced that firsthand for the first nineteen years of my life. (I did have an awesome Mom though!)

We will pour love and prayer and delight into them.  We will partner with Christ as He does His work of redemption in their lives.

We will trust Him each step of the way, even with unanswered questions and impossible circumstances.  He’s teaching us that He kind of likes the impossible.



Oh Lord, prepare their little hearts as only You can do.  Amen.

We should be traveling sometime in the next 9-12 weeks.  There is an end in sight.  We may never have answers for them now, but we will discover the answer to all these questions and more as we journey together with these precious souls God has knit into our family.  He's so very good.

1 comment: