Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

I am Going to China

There was one Christmas present I didn't tell you about because I had a hard time wrapping my mind around it myself.  My husband, Doug, gave me the gift of a vision, far bigger than anything I have ever received or could have imagined for the coming year.

The day after Christmas I wrote the following, "Speechless.  Overwhelmed.  Full of hope, full of doubt.  Questions, not answers swirl in my head, but this is right.  This is good.  This is what bearing fruit is.  To hold a child who is unloved as of yet, for a day, to change a life with a touch of hope.  To have my heart be broken, to lay it on the line and do what I've read about, prayed about, and hoped for makes my head swim.  This is what faith looks like."  

Jokingly, throughout the Christmas season I intoned, "All I want for Christmas is an orphan, a baby that needs our family."  Well, Doug listened; really listened, through my jesting, through my doubt, through my inability to see that GOD CAN and GOD WILL. 

For Christmas, Doug contacted ShowHope Ministries and reserved my spot on a short-term team going to  Luoyang, China, to Maria's Big House of Hope, for nine days.   




I will go July 19-28, 2013.

I AM GOING TO CHINA! I. AM. GOING. TO. CHINA!!! 

What an adventure this will be.  I know God will use it to accomplish His will, to birth a new vision in my heart, to bring about His Character.  In fact, it has already started.  Initially, my head refused to wrap around this idea,  but my heart swelled bigger and bigger, filled with hope and faith. I like neatly wrapped packages, predictability, and routine.  This is none of that. And I am thrilled, and scared, and ready.  Ready for work. Ready for going.  Ready to do the impossible because as God assured us when He sent His Son whose birthday we recently celebrated, NOTHING is impossible with Him.

My dearest husband in faith, knowing me better than any one else, chose this unimaginable, precious, priceless, hopeful gift. The down payment has been made and now, to make this gift come to fruition, we invite you to come alongside us financially. 

The cost of the trip is approximately $3900 to $4500.  All meals, lodging, and transportation are included in this price.  The exact amount will depend on airfare.  I have a paypal account you can give to electronically or you may donate by check or cash.  Anything I receive will go towards the trip cost.  If there are any excess funds, they will be used to benefit the children at Maria's Big House of Hope which is  a six-story medical care center for orphans with special needs.

Thank you for your friendship, your prayers, and the love you always show.  Follow the blog if you'd like to keep updated on my journey.  Email, call, text, or write me if you'd like to donate.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

 ~Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. ~ James 1:27

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful blessing you will be to all there. AND I know that God will richly bless you and move you as you encounter something new. Can't wait to see Him come alive in this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the thrill of our Father's heart to take Him seriously on His Word. Yes, this is pure religion...though out the Old and New Testament -- the weak, the poor, the defenseless, those in bondage...all wrapped up in the orphan. You are making a difference by your passion and compassion, living by faith today so you and those in your generations will touch those for eternity. I pray that you will continue to be ruined by this ordinary life and share this with SO many. Lord, use Stacy and her family as YOUR voice and make a way!!!

    ReplyDelete