Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

PASSPORT TIME!


Yesterday after I took my Natalie to the orthodontist I planned to go to Walgreens so I could get my passport pictures made.  While at the orthodontist, I mentioned that I was going to have my passport pictures made so I could go on a mission trip to China.  Dr. Billy Powell about spun around in his chair doing the happy dance rejoicing with me.  It is so wonderful when people respond with JOY when they hear of this God-adventure.  It keeps my fire stoked!



Later at Walgreens as I was checking out, I mentioned that the pictures I was purchasing were for a passport so I could make a mission trip to China.  She looked worried and told me to be careful.  When I explained I was going with a team from ShowHope, Steven Curtis Chapman’s ministry, she lit up and got all excited as well.  Apparently she’d heard of ShowHope.

When I arrived home, I called the post office to confirm what time they processed passport applications only to find that one post office had an employee on vacation so they weren’t processing them this week. Another facility had an employee retiring and one on vacation so they weren’t taking passport applications either.  I did a little begging and they conceded to process mine if I would arrive at 9:00am sharp.  So, this morning I took my lovely pics and all the paperwork promptly at 9:00am to the Post Office, THE WRONG POST OFFICE!

I got the chance to be a barrel of honey when the not-so-friendly postal worker, who opened the door at 9:01am, informed me that I was not allowed to bring my hermetically sealed, stainless steel coffee travel container in the building.  My mettle was further tested when after waiting, I asked for the worker I spoke with yesterday only to find out that that employee worked at a Post Office down the road, about five minutes away.   I hopped back in my van (coffee in hand) raced to the next Post Office, stood in line and thankfully was able to see the person I had spoke with and get my application processed. As I was leaving he said, “Have a great vacation!” It made me smile and I thought, while this is not really a "vacation" it is definitely an adventure.   I'll let you know when my passport arrives. I am getting more excited! 


No comments:

Post a Comment