Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

On a Positive Note...

We changed parks today and I'm so glad we did.  I leave in three days for China and a move was not scheduled for this week, but the kids were miserable and bored at the last site.  So we decided that rather than tough it out 

the week before I leave, we'd move on.  

This park has water hookups close by, so we have essentially unlimited use.  It has a BEACH! Huge plus in the kids eyes, especially.  And  the dump station is close enough we can drain our tanks if they get full, into the doody wagon.  The showers are a little hike, but it's all doable.  Oh and the camp hosts here are really nice.

There were good things about the last park and just to practice gratitude we listed them off at dinner tonight. 

1. The campsite had a good climbing tree. 
2. The bathrooms were very close by. 
3. There were lots of geocaches in the park which we logged. 
4. We had good Internet  and cell service
 And last, but not least, 

5. The Nature Center had an AMAZING butterfly room



 


How cool is that?!





1 comment:

  1. Hi I've been reading your blogs for half an hour getting more encouaged by the minute! I actually went back to the beginning to see how it all started. I too am from NJ hopefully hitting the road soon. I have 2 boys 13 and 16 that I've been homeschooling waiting for "our date" to come. Currently using Abeka, a Christian based school curriculum and was wondering what you guys worke best while traveling and still be able to see the country.

    ReplyDelete