Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Go Big or GO HOME!

Four days...

I was talking with someone today expressing my feelings of excitement and outright panic about my upcoming China trip.  
The last time I left my kids I went to San Antonio with my husband for 2 nights.  It was at least three years ago.  

I just don't leave them... ever.  

I laughingly said, "It's not like a weekend get away across town But I am going to  China,  for NINE DAYS!!!

and she sweetly said to me, "Well...


GO BIG OR GO HOME!" 

I LOVE IT! 

When God does something where HE gets the glory it's bigger and more and harder and yes, even impossible.  He is sending me.  He has provided all the funds.  And imagine, He even has a plan for my family while I'm gone! 

I am going to TRUST HIM!  

Logistically, I am so thankful God has provided a friend who lives in Chicago who will take me to the airport so the kids will be able to say "see you soon" without rushing or being shooed away by security.  

Doug and the kids plan to move to a new campsite in Wisconsin, maybe up north while I'm out of the country.  

For those keeping score, Caleb is still nursing but I've cut back.  I've been able to pump a little for him to have while I'm gone, but mostly he will drink milk from a bottle and eat regular food.  He continues to grow so quickly.  His first birthday is July 19, the day I leave.  I have to believe God orchestrated it that way for his reasons.  

I'm really not terribly concerned for his eating, it's his sleeping (or lack thereof) that I worry about.  I have worked the night shift, and the day shift for a year.  I guess it ends now. Or at least I get an extended break!  If you'd make this a matter of prayer I'd be grateful. 


Everyone else will manage fine.  Doug took the week off work and Emily is already planning meals... mostly what junk food they'll eat while I'm gone. 

The sweet fruit of training children to work is paying off big time now.  I couldn't go on this trip if they're weren't as capable as they are.  With Doug at the helm, and Emily as his first mate, I know things will go swimmingly.  Ok, maybe not swimmingly, but the boat won't sink ;)

I am told there is wifi at Maria's Big House, so I plan on using it to keep you all updated.  Doug and Emily also can access my blog and facebook to update in my stead.  


I. AM. GOING. TO. CHINA! 

Prayers are always coveted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment