Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

When Mother's Day Just is.... FABULOUS! (Or What a Difference a Year Makes)

To truly appreciate this post you'll need to start HERE reading about my Mother's Day last year.

If you have had a sucky Mother's Day STOP...
Go read my post from last year.
DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER.
Seriously, you have been warned. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I feared Mother's Day this year.  After my mom graduated to Heaven on December 19, 2013, I felt that Mother's Day could not be anything other than a big blubbering mess this year and just wanted to hide from it.

But God....

God allowed us to get our preliminary approval from China for adopting our sweet China Baby on Friday, just before Mother's Day weekend.

God allowed us to put an offer on a house on Saturday of Mother's Day weekend.

God spoke to me in worship in a very profound and intimate way I have not experienced since Washington, showing me His Glory and His plan for the new earth after He returns in a beautiful and touching picture in my heart and mind.

And my Dad... sent flowers and chocolates for me.

 





And my husband... my adventurous, fun, crazy, thoughtful, man bought me this...




And this... A NEW LAPTOP!  I have so missed having a REAL computer to use. I compose so much better on a keyboard (first world problem, seriously) and can ahem, see so much better when the font is at least 12 point!




(I know, my photography skills are astounding.)

So, I post this not to brag, but to share the blessing of what I thought this year was going to be compared to what it was.  Life has so many ups and downs.  I feel like Mother's Day 2013 and Mother's Day 2014 are a living picture for me of Philippians 4:12-13.

"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
 I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment