Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

When Mother's Day Just Is What It Is

Mother's Day... just the mention of it likely brings emotion.  


There are some years when Mother's Day is amazing.  Like my first Mother's Day which involved a Baby Dedication of my then two month old Emily with Grandparents visiting from two different states, my husband preparing to graduate from college, a lovely dinner out and roses and cards. 

Then there was another amazing Mother's Day when my husband and children planned a unique and special gift.  Several years prior a few children were rough-housing and knocked over my teacup tower (why I had a tea cup tower with nine children I will never know!) However, Doug took all the broken pieces to his Aunt Kat who, being the amazing crafter that she is, took a small side table, grouted all the pieces to the top, affixed a plex-glass top to it and made what is now loving referred to as "Mom's Teacup Table." 

There have been many more Mother's Days with flowers, and dinner, and chocolate, and wine.

Then there are years when 
Mother's Day just is what it is.  


This Mother's Day just is.  We are in the middle of a move into our RV for our GREAT ADVENTURE, our house is inching closer to the finish line of readiness for listing, and we are all pretty exhausted. 

The gift this year is the Adventure!  

Today I will work, I will mother, I will cook and clean and do all the things I normally do.  I am thankful and realize that I am ABUNDANTLY BLESSED to be a mother!  


Practice gratefulness this Mother's Day. Tell your people if there is something (realistic) you would like (such as time to write a blog post!) Thank the Lord for the amazing gift of motherhood. 

May the tenderness and graciousness of our Lord be upon you today. 

He tends his flock like a shepherd: 
He gathers the lambs in his arms 
and carries them close to his heart; 
he gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 40








No comments:

Post a Comment