Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Here Goes Apples!

OK Friends, this is it!  It's one thing to talk about doing something... it's quite another to actually DO IT!  And we are DOING IT! :)  My husband Doug said it right, I'm on the diving board edge, freaking out about jumping in.  



You know, I STILL remember the first time I jumped off a diving board, I was about seven or eight years old and let's just say that was a REALLY long time ago.  As I stood there shivering at Lake Conner Park where we camped in a borrowed camper that summer, I was terrified and exhilarated all at the same time.  I will never forget shouting "Well, here goes apples!"  To this day I'm not sure what apples had to do with jumping, but it's what I hollered.  

I DID IT!  I JUMPED!  

And here I am to tell about several decades later!  You will never know what God has in store for you if you don't JUMP!  When we are in over our head is when we see God work the mightiest.  I don't know what all He has in store for this trip.  But I have a feeling there is something to simplifying, appreciating what He has made, and building relationships that last.  We are learning all about teamwork, we are learning about letting go of stuff, and we are learning about trusting in Someone with a bigger vision for our life than we could ever have. 

What is God doing in your life?  What area are you having a hard time trusting Him?  Isaiah 55:8-9 tells us:


“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”

declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."

So whatever it is, a cross-country trip in an RV with nine children or a trip to China to minister to orphans, in my case, God is worthy of our trust.  He's got this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment