Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

LORD, Your Grace is Enough.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.


That is the scripture I posted on my Facebook page this morning.  Seven hours ago when I wrote that I wasn't so sure about this day.  I wanted to say, "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."  But wasn't so sure that would be possible.  Having too much to do with too little sleep and too short on patience, I began recalling scriptures about grace and strength.  Posting them I hoped would be a reminder to me and an encouragement to others to trust in His goodness and grace.  

Praise the Lord, and thank you for your prayers.  His grace truly carried me today.  As I sit and type at this moment I miraculously have a napping baby (who Emily rocked to sleep!  ROCK ON EM!) have two kids at a birthday party, two at play practice, and three littles playing in the backyard with their teen sissy.  

He provides what we need when we lean on and trust in Him.  It seems lately that most of what I have to offer is weakness, tiredness, and chaos that is not so beautiful.  But I'm finding that it is IN the mess, IN the weariness, and IN the moment I call out, that I find the strength I need.  It does not come from me, it comes from Jesus.  He truly is all we need.

Life is beautiful chaos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment