Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Braver, Stronger, Smarter (#5)


“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”  - A.A. Milne






I've always loved Pooh Bear.  These words spoken to him by his BFF Christopher Robin seem to be resounding in my head quite frequently these days as I am pushed to my limit.  Recently, all sorts of difficulty including sleepless nights, sick kiddos, and scary storms have tried to steal my joy.    

I'm tempted to grumble, "I can't handle this.  It's too messy, hard, tiring, fill in the  blank.  Then I stop, take a moment, and realize, God has a plan in this.  I have rough edges, lots of them, and they need to be chiseled away.  As we learned today at the diamond field (where we didn't find any diamonds, by the way) diamonds become diamonds through heat and pressure, lots of it. 

In scripture, Paul writes, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  I love that encouraging passage. 

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. ~ Phillippians 4:12-13

It's almost as if the circumstances are irrelevant.  It's Christ's power flowing through him. That's what we want! Lord, help me remember it's YOU who gives me strength.  

In what circumstances do you need to be 

Braver than you believe? 
Stronger than you seem? 
Smarter than you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment