Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Puncture Wounds and Patience... Get Growing!

Sometimes things don't work out exactly the way you think they are going to... Okay, so MOST of the time things don't work out exactly the way you think they will... Or at least that's how it is for me.  

When I showed up to the house on Wednesday, I did not expect to see my husband sitting in the chair, his left hand plunged into the cooler of ice. 

While Doug is very handy, he apparently got a little butter-fingered and missed the caulk with the caulk gun puncture-tool and punctured his hand instead.  His hand swelled up nicely, so much so that when it was suggested he remove his wedding ring, it took a good 15 minutes of pulling to remove it which thoroughly bruised up his ring finger.

Since it's been a kagillion years since he had a Tetanus shot I suggested he get one... construction zone, puncture wound, minimal bleeding, Yeah, that was a good idea.  So in we went to Redi-Medi or something like that where Doug got to be The Patient.  The technician who saw us was hilarious.  At least if you have to be in pain at a Redi-Medi clinic it's nice to have a tech, with great bedside manner.  At the end of the appointment she awarded Patient Doug with a Dora Bandaid.  Guess she thought he earned it! 

Meanwhile, I had taken the van in for an alignment and tire inspection because it's had a strong pull to the right for a number of months.  I expected to be there for an hour, I was there for three!  Travis and I played hangman, Angry Birds, and took turns on the tablet until the battery died.  We had some good time together, but again, it was very long.  When I left, the van still had a pull, but now it was to the left!  I called and they said I had to come back in.   Not exactly what I wanted to hear! (I was somewhat IMPATIENT with this errand!) When I went back in, they told me the tires I had on there were RECALLED and I would need four new tires, AT NO CHARGE!  Hallelujah!   So it did take a long time, but we did end up with a very good outcome.  

So my patience has been tried and tested many times this week.  But I'm working on growing that sweet fruit of patience and it's nice when I get a perk, like free tires!


What fruit is growing in your life this week?  
What areas is God challenging you in?  
Rise up to it and get GROWING! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment