Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 2 - Dino Pics! WOW!

After a slow morning on Day 2 we took the kids down to the river to locate some dinosaur prints in the riverbed.  And boy did we find them! It was amazing to think that we were standing where Dinosaurs roamed.  Inclined to believe that they ran through this area trying to escape the rising floodwaters of Noah's day, history doesn't seem so far away when  standing with one's foot dwarfed by a dinosaur footprint.

About half of us slipped on the rocks and ended up wet.  My cellphone was in my back left pocket, fortunately I fell to the right and crisis was averted.  (Note to self: Don't take your cellphone in the river).  We saw a water moccasin swimming along the bank opposite of where we were in the water.  He stayed a good distance away and I'm sure he was alone. 

We enjoyed exploring and hanging out.  Caleb ate some mud and found a stick to play with.  Lily Anne enjoyed sitting on a big rock.  Travis struck out ahead and found the "Mother Lode" of dino tracks. 

The date on the camera was set wrong so I cropped it out of most of the pics, I couldn't crop it out of all of them.  It really was 05/14/2013.

Doug worked all day except when he was at the river with us, taking several conference calls, emails, and projects.  It was a productive day for him. I still need to unpack, clean and organize in the RV, but that will come. 

Our evening was spent in sweet fellowship over a delicious dinner on a family farm with our friends The Millers who have left the suburbs and gone country!  What a wonderful way to begin our Great Adventure!




Keeping Close to my Lily Anne

Travis with the Mother Lode!
Kid's Exploring (Em falling!)
Abbie's Hand

How cool is this?!



Wow... Just Wow.


2 comments:

  1. Are you going to be able to float down the river or is it too low? Did you find the swim area? I hope you guys have a great time there! We loved it! Also, I forgot to mention that my children loved the park ranger talks at the amphitheatre. Especially the night ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty low, but we have been swimming and seen tracks. What a great park!

      Delete