Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 1 - Whew!

Oh my goodness... I don't even know where to start, my friends. 

It seems like a lifetime ago I wrote the previous post, and yet, we are still in the same 24 hour day.

When I awoke this morning my precious two year old was throwing up.  I cleaned her up, tucked her back in her pack-n-play and went back to bed, that was 5:30AM.  Caleb was STILL sleeping (amazingly enough) and so I slept a bit until 7AM.  

By 8:30 I was off to "the house" (funny how our home of ten years became "the house" when we moved out...) to clean with three of my girlies.  We stopped at McD's for breakfast sandwiches and showed up at the house only to realize I'd already given my keys to our Real Estate Agent, Patrick Poteet.  I called him and he arranged for keys to be brought to me.  My dear friend Anne Trapani was coming to help me clean so she was part of the key exchange.  

By 10AM we had just opened the doors and started to clean.  Emily tackled the last straggling junk which she mostly threw away. (She's very good at purging stuff, if you ever need to organize, give her a call.) Natalie mopped and Abigail spot cleaned floors, doors, and walls.  What a blessing these girlies are.  

I got on the phone with several businesses to change service or cancel it and set all the trash out to the street fretting about if they would REALLY take all of it!  (They did... why do I worry?!)  

About 10:30AM I realized I didn't have the key to our storage unit, in which we needed to fit in a few last minute items.  So Doug's brother David, came to our rescue, going to the RV park, getting the key, and bringing it to me at the house.  

We cleaned until noon, then it was time to say goodbye "so long" to Anne (wahhhhh!) and load up the van.  Our friends took several large items we just could not fit in storage.  

We got to storage about 1PM, stashed, stuffed, and stowed the remaining items and headed back to the RV park to meet up with the rest of the family who was packing the trailer, getting it ready to be hitched up. 

We finally headed out of town about 2PM. We had to make several stops.  One was at The Escapees Club where we will maintain an address and of course Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana, TX.  (Fruitcake... yes, we really stopped for fruitcake.)

Drive, Drive, Drive.  I don't like 18 wheelers on the road with us.  

The kids traveled well.  We ate at Subway then Arby's... fast food three times in a day... I need to watch Super Size Me... or Super Size my WALLET!  Moving is expensive.  Just sayin'

At about 8:50pm, the sun had set, getting to the campground with any daylight was no longer a possibility, Doug and I were feeling a bit under the gun and we look back to see RED AND BLUE LIGHTS!  Really, could we get any later to camp?  Apparently the power cord for the Trailer lights came undone and we had no lights on it.  Mr. Officer was kind enough to "let us off" with a verbal warning.  Back on the road with tail lights, we finally arrived at the campsite about 10pm.  

But alas... we are here!  It's late. I'm tired.  But it's a good tired, an excited tired. A I-am-ready-to-start-our-adventure tired.  

As I listen to my babies breathe as they sleep and put a few words on the screen, I realize how blessed I truly am.  God's got this.  He's got good in store. 

4 comments:

  1. The police officer probably thought you would have enough punishment with having to set up at night and he was probably shocked at the thought of having 9 kids. Of course, I love that you have a bunch of kids; this way, when people look at me incredulously for having 6, I just say, "I know someone who has 9!" (o;

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you all make it this far north, we'll have FRESH free-range eggs for you as well as whatever is ready in the garden. The garden is prepared, but not planted yet. We had another hard freeze Sunday night (25 or so). We're getting about a dozen eggs a day from as many hens. We'll make sure you can take as many as you want along with you.

    ReplyDelete