Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's Happening!

Little by little... 
  One step at a time... 
      A box out the door...
         A book shelf empty... 
             A drawer cleaned out... 

IT'S HAPPENING! 

This afternoon Doug and I spent about an hour in our trailer looking at space through new eyes. 

This drawer is useless, this space needs shelving, this board needs to go, we need a piece of plastic here, carpet there... 

OH LORD, Let me look at my life and my time with new eyes!  What needs to go?  What have I held fast to for so long that I didn't even realize I don't need it anymore?  What can be streamlined?  Lord, where is the waste? the excess? the idolatry? It needs to GO!  Lord, make me yours, truly ALL YOURS!  I don't want to be owned by my stuff, I want to be owned by YOU!  

Preparing to live in 300 square feet is cleaning my life in more ways than I imagined.  Praise the Lord! 


No comments:

Post a Comment