Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What A Day...

... and so we pray.


I spent my day on the phone with three government offices.  


Entirely unhelpful, the first office transferred me to voice mail, placed me on hold for 37 minutes, and finally informed me that they could not find the document I faxed and if they did find it they had 15-22 business days before they would process my request. Not. Helpful. At. All. 


The second office I talked to was better. Marginally helpful, they offered some suggestions which might work for my situation.  Reluctant to give her name, the woman told me she often got in trouble for spending too much time with each customer. 

I was wowed by the third office I connected with several times today. They kept calling me back with new ideas on how they could help, new people for me to contact, and new forms for me to fill out.  They were willing.  They were persistent.   They were HELPFUL!  This was Senator Ted Cruz's office.  I'm genuinely appreciative of their help.  

So where are we now? 

- Informed that the request for my long form birth certificate order has been approved and is in process, I am still not clear is how long "in process" takes.   PRAY!

 - I mailed some other documents and a EXPEDITE fee to the Houston office. PRAY!

So we'll see what happens from here.  I am thankful that God is in charge of this process and as I've reminded myself all day, none of this caught Him off guard.  


God is so faithful.  

God doesn't need our strength or ability or courage.  He needs HIS ability flowing through us. For that, we have to trust in Him and His ways which are not our own.  


Isaiah 55:8-9 

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.



1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray for things to work well through the rest of this situation and for God to whisper peace and encouragement to you along the way.
    michele

    ReplyDelete